Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Winged Wonder!

To My Dearest Ebbie,

It's a funny story really, I just drank too much liquor in the previous letter so let's pretend it never happened, alright? Good. Next time I go to parties I'll just order either water or iced tea. I promise! Anyway, you sent me that pic of your pet Gryphon the other day right? I must say it looks pretty impressive. Melgar was his name, wasn't it? This morning, I went to Pet Merchant Edith and I accepted this request from her to slay some monsters that threaten her grandparents' pet farm in the outskirts of Libra.

As a warrior of justice, I accepted her request and began vanquishing all sorts of skeletons that somehow made it past the town stockade. After slaying approximately 400 of these demons, I returned to Edith to give my report, and that her grandparents are doing well. In return, she gave me three pet eggs that I could hatch. No one really knows where they come from. It's a pet merchant's secret, I guess.

Hatching the first one, I was surprised to find a beak pecking through the shell of the egg. Then I thought, "This is impossible! G-getting this kind of pet would have a 1% chance of success!" Looks like that small 1% was in favor of me today.


I sat in awe as I saw this majestic little creature. Those little wings, cute beak and beady eyes were worth the 400 monsters I vanquished. It gave a little squawk, and it snatched my hat and played with it. It's so cute! I haven't given him a name yet though. You know how I am with names, Ebbie.


Heck, the little guy blends well with my armor's color scheme! Talk about coincidence! I think we really click, you know? He's pretty active for a little fella, he loves to snatch my hat and peck at my shield! You should bring over your pet Gryphon sometime too, Ebbie.

Stay safe!

From Your Dear Brother,
Prawnt

No comments:

Post a Comment