Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Lumbering Task

To My Dearest Ebbie,

The other day I was instructed by our squad captain to gather lumber during our patrol in Ocher Forest. My mates and I spread out to search for the resource and eventually I went solo. I think I went quite far as the camp I left behind looked like a tiny ant from where I was standing. These Ocher Forest Brownwoods are ancient trees that are probably even older than the Dragons themselves! The government has even issued a mandate to ban the cutting of Ocher Forest Brownwoods, to maintain the forest ecosystem.

Our main mission was to root out these illegal lumberjacks who have been hired by Paris herself to cut down all these trees to make way for something big. It may sound ironic, but we were told to gather lumber to create tree forts. I guess it's better than being rooted to the ground eh? There were many of these illegal loggers, attacking us with their sophisticated cutting tools upon sight.


They somehow attacked one of our outposts and took control of it, and we did a quick sweep of the area, to rid the outpost of lumberjacks. Once we took control of the outpost, we then set off to gather more lumber to repair the said outpost. There have been reports of a 'Yakult King' and its impostors roaming the forest in search of Dragonian Expediters who may be unfortunate enough to cross its path.

Yet, when I accidentally fell of this canopy, I landed into this small clearing and of all the luck, the Yakult King, Elluman was in front of me with his minions! I had no choice but to draw my trusty broom and attack these fiendish creatures.


I was able to clear most of his lackeys, but Elluman seemed as if he wouldn't fall so easily. I knew I had to bring out the big guns so I summoned by "super saiyan" strength to defeat him.


The moment I did that, he flinched a bit. He was probably afraid of my flaming aura, as Elluman is made of wood. With that one moment he flinched, I immediately seized the opportunity to launch a counter attack on the Yakult King. I swear, it was as if my strength was going over nine thousand!

When I finally defeated him, I was surprised as a puff of smoke enveloped the monster and it reverted into a poor Woodie! This Woodie must have been a victim of black magic of some sort. I examined the Woodie to see if it was still breathing, but all it did was it looked at me, smiled, and closed its eyes.

It died.

I felt a bit sad that it died, as this Woodie was another victim of black magic. And that black magic corrupted and twisted it to an extent that it turned into something horrible. When I returned to camp, my mates said that they encountered Yakult Kings as well, but the couldn't find the real Elluman, who is apparently the most intelligent of all the Yakult Kings.

You're headed for the Pinecone Knoll, Ebbie? There have been reports that the Lumberjack Foreman, Karlberg has been spotted there! Adventurers are headed there this instant to put a stop to his logging operations.

Stay safe Ebbie, and watch out for those lumberjacks!

From Your Dear Brother,
Prawnt

P.S. Surely you would need this right? I know you've been getting stronger so you deserve this. That impostor Elluman dropped it.

Attached: Spiral Helm x1

No comments:

Post a Comment