Thursday, October 1, 2009

What's In A Name?

To My Dearest Ebbie,

Recently my guildies have been asking about the origin of my name. The name 'Prawnt' and my addiction to shrimp tempura have a very strong connection don't you think? Let's face it sis, our parents are strange, we're strange. Dad was a shrimp stand salesman from Libra, and mum was a haberdasher who makes the most intricate buttons in Odellia.

I think it's time I told you that your name wasn't supposed to be "Ebbie" in the first place. Mum told me it was supposed to be "Debbie" but the scribe who wrote your birth certificate missed a 'D' at the beginning of your name. On the other hand, she also told me my name was supposed to be "Praunter", but the same blind scribe wrote a 'W' instead of a 'U'. Then both Mum and Dad thought the names were catchy despite the mistake so they stuck with it.


Do you have the same issue with your guildies? I think 'Ebi' means 'Shrimp' in some language. Haha, write me again sometime. I'll be cooking Shrimp Tempura for the whole guild tonight!

Stay safe!

From Your Dear Brother,
Prawnt

No comments:

Post a Comment