Monday, October 19, 2009

Letting Go

To My Dearest Ebbie,

I suppose you've been wondering what really happened to Toby the other week. Well, I'll write about that right now. Toby had grown to a point that he really didn't need me anymore. He could get his own food, use the bathroom without me giving him a bath, and even buy his own bird seed from the local store. I guess it was just one of those moments that you'd have to let go of your pet, to let them grow outside your care.

Though the Ocher Forest has been hostile as of late, Toby insisted that I send him off there. How did I know that? I'm not sure really, it must be some kind of connection between owner and pet.


So off we went to the forest past the swamps, driving off anything hostile as we made our way there. Toby was really brave to the point that he helped me defeat some Yakults by slamming into them, or helping me up ladders to make sure I don't fall.

When we finally got to a destination suitable to Toby's liking, he looked excited and was full of energy that I have never seen before. So there I was, about to send him off, all misty-eyed and reluctant at the last moment.


You know me Ebbie, I rarely cry. I am strong, and I keep my emotions in check. If this is what Toby wants, then I will let him do so because that's how much I love him. Sure, I will miss those moments where he pecks my head whenever I get dirty thoughts, or when he "hugclings" to my shield when he's afraid, or when he accidentally bombards people with his "presents" and I take the blame. But I am sure Toby will return a stronger gryphon. Toby's part of the family too, Ebbie.

Me? Cry? Ha! The Tempura Knight hardly falls!

Stay safe, love you always.

From Your Dear Brother,
Prawnt


...






























No comments:

Post a Comment