Friday, October 23, 2009

An Act of Terror?

To My Dearest Ebbie,

Well then, did you enjoy that fashion contest the other day? They'll announce who would be Mr. & Ms. Dragonica in a week or so! Anyway, something crazy happened to me again. Trouble erupted in Libra when some miscreants under the cover of night planted bombs all over the Merchants' Quarter, and it was our job to diffuse these bombs our protective riot shields. Commander Hoffman ordered us to suit up and sent us to various locations around the town.

(Bomb spotted...)

When I found the bomb at the said location, I immediately put my riot shield in front of me. Who knows what would happen if this bomb would have exploded? Well, I was wrong. As I was nearing the bomb to attempt to diffuse it, all of a sudden...

(OH SH--)

You guessed it right, Ebbie. It exploded. An explosion that was so powerful that I was knocked unconscious. I really couldn't get what happened when it suddenly exploded, it didn't even hurt me but just blew me away somewhere far. And total darkness came next. My mind was a blank until an image appeared in my head.

I saw someone in the outfit I wore a few days ago, and he told me that I have yet to fulfill my oath as a Tempura Knight. An oath that Tempura Knights like me have sworn in since we became knights. To protect, serve, and preserve life until the day we die. So it wasn't my time yet to die, huh? Thank goodness I am still writing this letter to you, my dear Ebbie.

Then I remember waking up in some small tent, half-naked and I found my suit of armor nearby. I got up and wore my armor, and looked for the person who brought me here. I looked outside and I found out I was somewhere within the vicinity of the Ocher Forest, because of the large Brownwoods in the area. Even this small tent was built on a wooden platform attached onto the tree.
I have to stop writing now Ebbie, my joints suddenly hurt, and I think I hear someone coming. It's pretty convenient that these small Hor birds could be used as mail couriers.

Stay safe.

From Your Dear Brother,
Prawnt

No comments:

Post a Comment