Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Krazy Kentars

To My Dearest Ebbie,

Now let's put all of those things behind us alright? Surely you could sort this out yourself. I know you can. There are some issues that even I, your brother cannot interfere with. Now be a good girl and smile, alright? Now that we've put that behind us, let me tell you about that little encounter I had the other day. Now somewhere past the swamp, and somewhere near where the Fungoid Village is located, there's an area in between that called the Gods' Sanctuaries.

I've heard this was an area where sacrifices were made to the Ancient Golem, Aram of the Kundara Dungeon. Many similar golems could be seen in the fields, awaiting worshipers. Recently, they are being controlled by Paris to collect people's souls. According to one adventurer I've met, he said all those who have given up hope can sell their soul to Elga to fulfill their desires. Selling your soul (and not equipment souls) is just not right at all. Us Dragonians were given a soul in order for us to forge our own destinies, and not wait for it.

I went there to explore the area and found out majority of the Kentar Tribe have sold their souls and have pledged allegiance to Elga. The Kentars used to be a friendly bunch but somehow, their warchief, Karous has made a fateful decision for all the Kentar tribes. A few Rebel Kentars have fled like Pyrei, and they are currently helping us fight off the Kentars that threaten nearby Fungoid Village.

While exploring the area, I engaged a few Kentar patrols here and there until I found this strong Kentar named Proxima. From what I've heard, he was also a warchief like Karous, but was shunned by his fellow Kentars for different views. He was the first to sell his soul to Elga, and would soon be corrupted wholly, as he has glowing eyes and everything. A traveler told me he used to be a kind Kentar warchief.

I had to admit, Proxima is just another victim of Elga, twisted into this horrible monstrosity. However, it is my duty to rid the land of corrupted things, so I just had to put Proxima out of his misery by slaying him. His glowing eyes almost intimidated me for a second, but I maintained my composure as I faced this corrupt Kentar. He was certainly agile, as he kept galloping around trying to skewer me with his lance. All it took was Impervion, and a Broom Jab here and there. My hammer stuns him as well!

When I finally defeated him, his corpse disappeared and I saw souls coming out of it, wailing. This just proves that anything that was as pure-hearted as Proxima before could be corrupted into something so vile.

Now stay safe, I've heard Shrooms are catching up to the Fungoids near their village.

From Your Dear Brother,
Prawnt

No comments:

Post a Comment