Friday, October 2, 2009

Hard Work Always Pays Off!

To My Dearest Ebbie,

I have to admit it. Going on Sambaba raids was getting kind of boring. However, I have proven that hard work definitely pays off, despite a string of bad luck. Remember in my other short, miscallaneous letters how I lost that quiz event by a 0.01% margin to the winner, and how I was the 51st out of the supposedly first 50 to enter the town fair to claim a prize? I felt really sour that time that I wanted to kick Gatto in the gut.

Feeling bored, with guildies minding their personal business, I set off for a place called Barlok's Lair, where monsters are said to carry those Devil's Soulstones for the Dark World. I happily went, mob after mob of monsters, "farming" as most people would say the coveted soulstones. As I defeated another Lava Boomboom with my trusty sword, I heard a familiar roar. Looks like Chief Sambaba was around for a little excursion in his domain. Here I was thinking, "Man I'm all alone and there are hordes of boombooms and skeletons everywhere. I don't stand a chance at all!" But I had this sudden gut feeling that I was invincible, and so on I went to attack him.


Just look at the size of Chief Sambaba. He was not alone though, he still had plenty of lackeys to spare as I said a little prayer and charged into his entourage. I unleashed my full arsenal of skills upon him, this being the first time I fought him solo; using moves that I have dubbed as my very own. Like the benevolent warrior of justice that I am, I shout all my skills before executing them. You should've seen me shout TEMPURA DIVIDER while fighting him. I was the only adventurer in the area so no one else was around.

After ten minutes, Chief Sambaba finally surrendered and ran away. I jumped up and down in victory as Chief Sambaba dropped all of his belongings, including a few weapons he captured from slain adventurers, and money. One thing caught my eye though.


OH. MY. GOD. It was the famed trophy you get for defeating the boomboom chieftain. A Horned Sambaba Helm! Going to a safe corner in the area, I took a good look at it, and shook literally with excitement, laughing maniacally. "My precious... my precious...", I said as I assumed a fetal position. After an hour, I used a Libra Scroll to teleport back to town. Back in town, I showed my trophy to all my guildies and their jaws dropped. Guildmaster Sieg was in disbelief!

I won't be able to wear it yet though. I need to become stronger as proof that I am worthy enough to have it placed on my head. That time will come, sis! If we ever meet sometime, I could even lend it to you! What are siblings for?

Stay safe, I hope you're lucky when you hunt as well!

From Your Dear Brother,
Prawnt

1 comment:

  1. reading this story brought tears to my eyes. huzzah for Prawnt! huzzah i say!

    ReplyDelete