Saturday, October 3, 2009

Knight Combo-ing

To My Dearest Ebbie,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for those potions you sent me. Health potions have been in short supply lately and it has really been a great help. Anyway, in your previous letter you mentioned that your guild now finally has a knight within its ranks. However, he is still a novice and couldn't do much action, yes? I also remember being a novice knight, struggling to gain control of my skills, and trying to make the most out of it. While PVP is an entirely different story, fighting against monsters is still the easiest way to practice your skills. Now, I have attached a series of pictures showcasing some of a Knight's essential skills when fighting monsters. (Remember Ebbie, PVP is an entirely different story! You'd need reflective skills for that.)

Let's start off with something that I use as an opening move. If the enemy is within range, I use Sword Dance to lock them into place.


Next, I bring out my mighty Hammer and use Hammer Stun on them. Personally, I call this move the Tempura Tenderizer, but you get the point.


You use this move as well if I'm not mistaken. Us warriors do need to stun our enemies to gain an advantage. Anyway, close in quickly and then use the Broom Jab. It's a lethal weapon, yes?

Once they've been pummeled with the mighty broom, I would then perform a Shoulder Tackle followed by a Storm Blade. I call this the Tempura Combo.


I look flashy eh? Anyway, I usually perform a quick aerial combo after that and use Cutdown, or I would let the enemy fall to the ground first only to be crushed by Pressure.

Once they've been launched into the air again, I perform a quick aerial combo followed by Aerial Smackdown to finish them off.


Now I know it may look complicated, but it's actually a very effective chain of skills. There is no such thing as a canonical skill combo that we could live by. Us Warriors must be flexible enough in trying to determine what set of skills best suits our fighting style. I don't know if that novice knight of yours could practice these skills, but with you around, I'm sure he'll get stronger. So let me summarize the whole combo again:

Sword Dance -> Hammer Crush -> Broom Jab -> Shoulder Tackle -> Storm Blade

or

Pressure -> Aerial Combo -> Aerial Smackdown

You could also let him try:

Hammer Crush -> Shoulder Tackle -> Storm Blade -> Aerial Smackdown

And there are more combo chains you could figure out from there. That novice knight will shine, especially after I have given you this piece of advice!

So are we having a Tempura lunch later in Libra or what? I'm excited to meet you again!

Stay safe, and see you later!

From Your Dear Brother,
Prawnt

No comments:

Post a Comment