Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Swampy Encounter

To My Dearest Ebbie,

Commander Hoffman assigned me of all the paladins to do a special mission for him. I felt flattered, but I knew that whatever this was, it wasn't an easy task. Commander Hoffman commanded me to retrieve his spare sword that he lost during a raid in the Faeras Swamps. Like Valid Raeth, the Faeras Swamps are a series of hostile areas teeming with mysterious creatures and weird swamp life, some new monsters have sprung recently and magicians say many were created from black magic.

We then set off first thing in the morning towards the nearby continent, Faeras. It was easy getting there, a short ride by ferry would take us to this murky port, and before us, a stinky swamp welcomed us. Even Toby (My little pet Gryphon) didn't seem to like the area. Everything smells like poo! It was like going into a sewer!

Commander Hoffman told me that he last saw a large frog gobble his sword and ordered me to kill any large frogs I could find. I was also instructed to slay some swamp monsters, as they are spawns of dark magic by the witch, Paris. Feeling bad that my blade would be stained with poo, I began my mission nevertheless.


You know how much of a neat freak I am Ebbie. But for this mission, I have to get a bit dirty to finish the task at hand. Fortunately I brought my trusty broom along. This should help speed things up, very fitting as these swamp monsters meet their demise with the might of my cleaning broom.

As I was slaying more of these poopy monsters, I heard loud croaking somewhere, and there it was! Among the smaller Ribbits was a large green one. An Angry Ribibit, as most people would call. It seemed really pissed! They didn't call it angry for nothing. I then took to the field, with sword in hand, charging into the mob.


The large frog was definitely a feisty creature, it was. I took me a while to subdue the beast, and eventually, it gave way and was finally defeated. I opened the creature's stomach and dissected it, and I found the sword! Still sheathed, and covered in green sticky goo. I quickly returned to the port and took the ferry back to Libra. I got nothing but stares from the other adventurers as my whole armor was stained with poop and goo. Everyone also started pinching their noses because of how much I reeked!

As I got into Libra, I was able to borrow a cleaning cloth from Cailey to get rid of the goo that covered the sword. I went off to Commander Hoffman and finally presented the sword to him.


As he examined it, the Commander checked to see if it was the right one. Thankfully, I was right. He then gave me a reward for that mission and I could buy some extra potions now. He also gave me another order. I have to take a bath.

Stay safe Ebbie, and remember, let's keep it clean!

From Your Dear Brother,
Prawnt

No comments:

Post a Comment