Sunday, October 25, 2009

Meet The Mika Tribe

To My Dearest Ebbie,

I just got back from another tiring adventure today. I'm sure you're still worried about what happened when I was "abducted" by someone into the forest. Well, it turns out that the person who rescued me was a hunter from the Mika Tribe. He said my wounds from that explosion were severe, and I needed to get away from the hustle and bustle of Libra to recuperate my wounds. Funny thing is, I haven't felt any wounds ever since I woke up, but they kept insisting I was asleep for a week.

(The guy who rescued me)

The hunter introduced himself as Shangor from the Mika Tribe, a group of people indigenous to the Great Forest. Currently they are in an all-out war with the lumberjacks as well as other hostile forest creatures that have overrun their city in Grasswind Hills. The city they have built in the forest harmonizes with nature very well, but Karlberg's lumberjacks want to cut it all down under a contract from Paris.

We then traveled to the Mika Tribe's current outpost at Pinecone Knoll, where they have been using a small area as a base of operations. They were really lacking in manpower because I've seen other adventurers and mercenaries at the site as well. Just as we were about to meet the young oracle of the Mika Tribe, a really really BIG spider suddenly came down on her and snatched away her stuffed toy. It then escaped into the forest using its webs. Without hesitation, I purused the giant spider into Grasswind Hills, the Mika Tribe's former city. (I was also able to use my Tempura catchphrase, "TEMPURA KNIGHT, AWAYYYYYY!" in this situation.)

I reached Grasswind Hills and found out this wasn't a bad place at all, if it weren't for all those spiders and grasshopper things buzzing around the whole place. Many supplies were still left behind after the Mika Tribe evacuated, and these gnarly monsters were guarding it with their lives. However, my main focus for now was to hunt down that giant spider.

I traversed through all sorts of transportation devices used to get around the forest city, as well as fighting monsters along the way. They were persistent, I tell you. If one fell, three would appear. It was a good thing Shangor and the rest provided support by using their super long-range bows that could beat any Trapper hands down in terms of range.

I then went into a section called the "Chief's Quarters". It was a large area and nothing was in it. It was also quiet. A bit too quiet. That's when I noticed that something was creeping up behind me. Something real BIG. I looked at this looming shadow in front of me as it grew bigger, bigger, and bigger. When I turned around, there it was. The giant spider. Although I believe it was called a Sporespike Barrier in the Adventurer's Manual. I was caught off guard and it pounced on me.

(Oh noes. GET OFF ME!!!)

WAS THIS SPIDER TRYING TO RAPE ME OR SOMETHING? It only started to hump up and down and was not even attacking. It was also squealing in an affectionate tone. So I drew my blade and attacked the blasted thing. Finally, I got the spider agitated and it became furious as it bared its fangs. Shangor then called out, "You're on your own kid! Our arrows can't pierce its shell!". Looks like I was in a sticky situation.

It tried to trap me with its sticky webs and poison goo, but I wouldn't fall or flinch after using my Impervion skill. That helped me keep going, as well as playing with time by using my time magic called Time Reverse. That buff helped me defeat the blasted thing faster than Vega saying "Uncle". My Solstice Sword's fiery aura was somehow effective against the spider's wooden body. After impaling its head with my sword, the spider gave a painful growl and was finally killed. I found the stuffed toy it stole hanging onto one of its antennae. It must have used it as a decoration or something.

I then journeyed back with Shangor and the rest to Pinecone Knoll (who were somehow carrying large bags), where the oracle was waiting. I returned her stuffed toy and she seemed pleased. After giving me her traditional Mika Tribe blessing, we partook in a lavish feast that night, where I was able to taste all sorts of delicious things! I was so hungry that time that I didn't mind what I was eating. I then asked Shangor what I just ate as I rubbed my bloated stomach. All he said was,

"Spiders".

I felt a bit sick after hearing that, because those were the spiders I killed that afternoon, and the Mika Tribesmen were gathering the spider corpses I left behind. That explained the large bags they were carrying on the way back.

I also gave them a bit of my know-how in cooking, and they enjoyed my recipe for Spider Tempura Fry! It goes well with mayonnaise, yes?

Stay safe Ebbie, you'll never go hungry in Pinecone Knoll. Just kill a spider!

From Your Dear Brother,
Prawnt

No comments:

Post a Comment