Monday, October 12, 2009

Reminiscing...

To My Dearest Ebbie,

I'm glad you're still helping out new adventurers. Do you still remember what prompted me to become a knight? I want to protect people. Not just you Ebbie, not just our friends, but to those who are in need of it. Us Knights and Paladins, although not the best in offense would make it up for our great defense. That reminds me Ebbie, remember when I started adventuring? You were still helping out at Dad's shrimp stand that time, as Mum said you weren't ready to go on adventures yet.


I remember that day as if it were the day before yesterday. I was at Honor's Path, Odellia, where all aspiring warriors trained. As many of the other warriors went off into Windia Plains, there I was, daydreaming on the bridge. Gazing at the water below me, and wondering how my life would turn out from here. Clutching that heavy sword and struggling with my bulky armor, I set out to do some adventuring in the nearby woods.

Not long after I entered, I already heard a ruckus, as some picnicking Odellian civilians were fleeing from something. I then found this woman who had tripped, and I rushed to ask her what happened, helping her up.


She said that they were going to have a picnic when all of a sudden, these bloodthirsty wolves attacked out of nowhere. Wolves haven't attacked people before, as they would usually prey on sheep instead. Something fishy was going on. Up ahead, I saw some guards struggling with a vicious wolf. They were trying to fend it off, until one of them got seriously injured.


I quickly rushed in , letting out a battlecry. I leaped forth and went at the wolf directly. I almost stumbled, but I maintained my composure. I was still headstrong back then thinking, "This was going to be a piece of cake!". Well, after a few scratches I was able to defeat it. Up ahead, we saw a few more wolves approaching. With the help of the guards, we were able to fend them off.

To be honest, I was shaking in my boots during this time. I got injured, but it was only minor. I really didn't know what to expect as I swung my sword carelessly. I needed to stick to a certain fighting style suitable for someone like me. We then heard a loud howling in the distance. Somewhere in our minds we knew that this was no ordinary wolf.


So this was the fabled Big Bad Wolf. No wonder it was called as such. No one has seen a wolf that huge. I told the guards to go home so they can take their comrade to the infirmary. Whatever it was that was in my mind Ebbie, I knew that I had to stop this monster from reaching Odellia. Maintaining my stance and saying a small prayer, I awaited the large beast as he lunged towards me. I kept dodging his attacks by rolling to the side or simply jumping over his claw swipes.

After harassing him with my hit-and-run technique, the Big Bad Wolf was finally defeated. Defeated as he is, he stood on two legs, crying and wringing his paws, as if he were begging for mercy. Being the noble warrior that I was, I let him go under the condition that he doesn't come near Odellia anymore. With that, he gave a nod and ran off. The rest is history.

Maybe you should tell your trainees about my little tale huh? Do I sound like I'm full of hot air again? Haha!

Anyway Ebbie, remember that warriors are the melee muscle of any guild. People nowadays keep focusing on finding jesters, battlemages and acolytes because they are the most versatile. However, it is us warriors that also form the backbone of armies as foot soldiers as well.

So stay safe Ebbie, until next time.

From Your Dear Brother,
Prawnt

No comments:

Post a Comment