Sunday, October 4, 2009

LAVALON!

To My Dearest Ebbie,

After many months of training, I have finally reached a point that my skills have been sharpened enough for gaining higher power. The Bronze Drake Captain told me that it was time for me to move on to the next level by attaining the rank of Paladin, a level higher than a Knight. Basically a Paladin is just a fancy term for a stronger Knight, although they have the authority to command other Knights because of their rank. Having proven myself with the Bronze Drakes, I set off for Magmus with some guildmates.

Looking at the daunting entrance that lay before us, we knew this was going to be a tough battle. Ceaz and Oracle Cailey wanted to help me with this fight, and we were able to find a wandering Trapper named Lucern who had some business to settle with Lavalon as well. We could tell how strong he is, as his weapon is forged from Lavalon's scales! Anyway, in we went and found out that this was no easy task. Falling into magma would spell only disaster and despair.

Inside Magmus, many of Sambaba's minions await, as well as his gate guards that block entry points. We literally carved though their blockades, and at the same time dodging falling magma rocks and jumping over molten lava. At one point, we lured one of the gate guards into a small pit where he got trapped and we were free to hit him mercilessly.

The poor guy never stood a chance against our combined strength. We pushed forward, dodging more falling rocks and hot spewing magma that threatened our path. We also jumped over more bridges and moving landscapes. Magma geysers were always in abundance in Magmus. We took a short break to regroup, as Oracle Cailey is a rather fragile woman. Her healing powers are strong, but if she dies, then we're all screwed. Lavalon has slain countless adventurers in the past, and we won't let that happen here!

Lavalon was a menacing sight indeed. It takes great courage to fight against such a monstrosity. I have sworn by my Knight's Oath, as a Warrior of Justice, I will avenge the countless adventurers Lavalon has slain! I focused all of my energy into my sword, to amplify my powers up a notch. Lavalon couldn't be hit from our range, he was simply too big. There is a mana cannon conveniently placed nearby which we could use to stun Lavalon and hit him when he falls.


Lavalon stuck with two attacks. His deadly fire breath, and his ground smashing attack that you could avoid by jumping. Many small drakes and skeletons emerged out of nowhere and started to attack us. We noticed they were carrying Mana Bullets used for the nearby Mana Cannon. After killing a red drake, I carried the bullet onto the mana cannon for loading. Loading took quite a bit so the others had to cover me as I did that. If I remember correctly, Commander Leongarde once said that when he ran out of mana bullets, he grabbed a nearby Warmage and launched him out of desperation using the Mana Cannon. I guess mages ARE full of mana, huh?


Anyway, as we fired the mana cannon, a large pillar of azure light was launched towards Lavalon's head, Lavalon let out a cry and it was stunned. As it fell to the ground, we began to unleash hell.

However, Lavalon could only be stunned for a few seconds, and after which, it rose again to unleash its fire breath immediately. When Lavalon finally recovered, it decided to take up things a notch. It summoned more minions, made more rocks fall, and the temperature rise. Things were literally starting to heat up! At one point, Ceaz almost had a heat stroke as Lavalon almost carbonized him with his fire breath. It was a good thing Cailey was around to cast that protective barrier on him, or he was a goner!

Trapper Lucern was a big help as well, severely damaging Lavalon's scales making them vulnerable enough for attack. We kept repeating the same series of attacks; gathering mana bullets, loading the mana cannon, stunning Lavalon, and unleashing hell on him. Rinse, and repeat. Eventually Lavalon had enough and gave way. We finally defeated the darn beast.


Lavalon screamed in agony as he fell to the ground, finally defeated. Taking a small scale from Lavalon as proof that I defeated him, we took a warp back to Valid Raeth. Looking at ourselves, we were almost blackened due to the heat. A good shower would fix that. From this point on, we bade farewell to Lucern, as he had other business to attend to. I thanked him as he left. As for me, Ceaz and Cailey, we walked back to Libra and they waited for my promotion. Going to Arcanist Pablo who was asking for the scale, he finally promoted me in his words:

And with that, I was now a Paladin. Commander Evan was there to salute me as I saluted him back and he presented me with my new set of armor. From here on in, I am now a Paladin.

Commander Evan designated me into the Navy Imperial Regiment, as the 24th Paladin. Aside from the normal Imperial Paladins, us Navy Imperials are special shock troopers who specialize in offense. I am honored to receive such a promotion. With that, I met up with my guildmates and showed off my new armor. Both Ceaz and Cailey were worn out. Ceaz was sent to the infirmary for his injuries, and Cailey had to sleep in early, as the bout with Lavalon has exhausted her. Me? I'm still full of energy! I feel like fighting a thousand more enemies!

Now listen Ebbie, when the time comes I want you to call me over when you finally decide to take on Lavalon. I know your guildmates are also strong warriors, but I want to be by your side when that happens. I don't want Lavalon to roast my dear sister alive now, wouldn't I? I will be your shield.

Stay safe Ebbie, and I wish you the best as well.

From Your Dear Brother,
Prawnt

P.S. Cailey wants to dye my hair yellow to match my new helm, although I stick with my cap. D:

No comments:

Post a Comment