Friday, November 6, 2009

Icy Beauty

To My Dearest Ebbie,

I got out of trouble earlier than expected. The Expedition was running out of Paladins in the Frigid Canyon area so out of desperation, they dispatched all incarcerated paladins like me to Frigid Canyon to replace the ones that got injured. From what I've heard so far in that area, numerous golem-like figures have started attacking the mining areas there, and the once peaceful fairies and dwarves have also been driven mad by some malevolent force. What we'll be doing would be peacekeeping mostly to keep travel routes safe.

(Burlune attempts to scare us with a pathetic ambush.)

Our base camp is in Ashmist Village, near the Van Cliff citadel. Since I had no business there, I immediately went through a large canopy forest along the way where we encountered the Burlune along the way, a gorilla that has been harassing travelers for quite some time now. We were able to defeat it and we headed for the rendezvouz point at Frigid Canyon.

Two main figures were pointed out at the Frigid Canyon. One was the power source or leader of the crystal golems called Pythanuth, and the fairy queen called Arca. Our sovereign Steven has commanded us to destroy these two when possible. I was assigned as rear guard en route to the rendezvous point but the mist kept getting thicker ad before you know it, I got separated from the rest of the group.

I was left alone. I assumed the other got separated by the mist that suddenly engulfed us as well. I then heard a beautiful sound. It was as if a beautiful soprano was singing her heart out. I turned around and saw this sparkling thing made out of ice. It was so beautiful that I wanted to touch it, but my instincts tell me it might be something dangerous. As the mist started to clear, I saw what it really was. It was a beast called the Fenrir!


It then shifted from a beautiful voice to a ferocious roar as it started to attack me. It was fast, as it blended well with the icy environment. I had a hard time defeating it, as almost all of my hits did not hit at all! Fenrir was tough to beat, but in the end, I reigned supreme! I suddenly felt tired though. It was probably from all that traveling, and the cold environment we had to endure. Fortunately, some of my party members found me and helped me get to the rendezvous point in no time. Warm soup, hot coffee, the works.

I'll only be in this place for a few more days though, as the stronger paladins would return to relieve our posts here and we'd be sent back to our respective areas of assignment. Actually I found this cute little Pinecone that kept following me around camp. It's so fond of us that the camp made it a pet! I don't really own the Pinecone, but really, I didn't know it could eat a whole supply of corn that fast!

Stay safe Ebbie, be careful when traveling!

From Your Dear Brother,
Prawnt

No comments:

Post a Comment