Saturday, November 7, 2009

And I Thought Fairies Were Friendly...

To My Dearest Ebbie,

After our little stay here at Frigid Canyon, I met up with some of my guildies after I was relieved of my post. They told me they were on the hunt for the Fairy Queen Arca who apparently has a huge bounty on her head. Siren Woods was near Camp Steven, so I was thinking of going to Camp Steven after this Arca hunt. We went deep into the freezing woods, as well as encountering many enemies like a large Yeti and a patrol of fairies. However, there was one fairy we came across that did not attack us, and she appeared to be injured.


The poor fairy told us her story about the fairy queen, Arca. Some evil force has taken over their queen and all her fellow fairies have been driven mad as well. Even their neighbours, the dwarves have also gone mad. She told us to defeat the fairy queen to find out more about what really happened, so my guildies and I went to investigate. This area was beyond my league. the monsters were tough and clever, and my usual tactics wouldn't hit as much as it used to. Fortunately, my guildies were strong enough to cleave through enemy mobs along the way.

It wasn't long until we encountered the Fairy Queen Arca, though I think it may be one of many impostors created by dark magic. There have been many theories about her origin, one was about a dragon's tear that fell from the sky to create her out of a flower, and another theory was that she was a spoiled little girl who wished to become the queen of fairies. Either way, we still had to defeat this fairy.

I couldn't hit Arca at all so I left all the hitting to my guildies. I supported them using my time magic, as well as clearing her reinforcements that spawned. Arca was terribly strong. Yes Ebbie, I'd advise you to be careful even if you've successfully forged your Spine of Lavalon weapon. She can ensnare you in some thorns and attack you with her flower magic from afar. If you're not careful, you might die in a instant. Luckily, with our combined effort, we were able to defeat her, and I was able to deliver the finishing blow, being the heroic knight that I am.

When she lay defeated, she used her last ounce of strength to escape from us. I didn't find anything of value form that battle, but at least I now know how the fairy queen would attack. As I'm writing this letter, I've finally reached Camp Steven, the Expedition's main base of operations near the Drakos tower. You could always purchase a scroll to Camp Steven, but I advise that you travel the traditional way. Walk. It's healthy, and you'll get to meet a lot of interesting things along the way.

Stay safe Ebbie, watch out for the fairies!

From Your Dear Brother,
Prawnt

No comments:

Post a Comment