Saturday, December 19, 2009

Promoted!


To My Dearest Ebbie,

Things are starting to loosen up around Camp Steven, so many of us paladins were relieved from our posts due to the decrease in attacks. It seems even the bad guys want to enjoy the holidays. So I felt happy after I packed up my stuff and went to the Port of Winds to check on things, I found out that the whole town has set up Christmas decor and it has started snowing. I found it strange that it would be snowing in the PoW, but I guess it's because of the holiday this time of year.

I then came across this red-nosed reindeer named Rudolph. He was looking for help around town but unfortunately for him, no one really remembers who he is. He says he's the reindeer who helps guide the path for Santa's sleigh, but there has been a problem. Santa has gone missing and he has had trouble finding him. He has already sent countless adventurers on his quest, but there hasn't been any good news so far. Being the honorable knight that I am, I accepted his plea for help.

Reports say those evil dwarves are the prime suspects to this crime, and they dressed up as Santa Claus to attempt to fool unwary people and rob them of their belongings. During this time of year, these fakes could be found anywhere. I started with the route from Fungoid Village and into the Gods Sanctuary until I came across a stubby little man in red. That skull-shaped belt buckle wasn't a good sign, this was definitely one of those Fake Santas I've heard so much about.


Without a moment's notice, I jumped the Fake Santa from behind and started to beat the living lights out of him. When he had enough, he cried and ran away, dropping all sorts of goodies he stole from other adventurers. I took the bag of presents he stole and went to the nearest precinct to give my report. He also dropped some pet food. Inviting Toby back for Christmas also crossed my mind.

To my surprise, I found this notice in gold on the bulletin board. On that notice was a list of those who have passed the "hidden test" to achieve the Templar rank, a title given to noteworthy paladins who have been working hard. I found my name on the 17th!!! Isn't that great Ebbie? That means I'm getting a new set of armor!


My new armor really compliments my knightly-ness, although I already have another custom set of armor. And Toby also visited me for this season! Maybe Christmas this year would be great after all! I want to thank Santa, where ever he is right now!

Stay safe Ebbie, have a wonderful Christmas!

From Your Dear Brother,
Prawnt

No comments:

Post a Comment